The official Launch of WBP was hosted by the University of Applied Sciences in St Gallen on April 7th.
This meeting has provided us with an invaluable opportunity for discussing relevant issues related to women’s mental health worldwide with various stakeholders from academia, industry and society at large.
Highlights of the day:
- Welcome by Prof. Dr. Sabina Misoch Interdisciplinary Center for Ageing, University of Applied Science St. Gallen
- Opening remarks “Why are we gathered here today?” by Tania Dussey-Cavassini
Vice-Director General, Federal Office of Public Health, Swiss Ambassador for Global Health
- “Who we are and what we do” by Dr. Maria Teresa Ferretti, Women’s Brain Project, Board of Directors, Group Leader Institute of Regenerative Medicine University Zurich
- Medical facts about women’s mental health by Dr. Antonella Santuccione Chadha, Medical Doctor, Clinical Pathologist, Neuroscientist
- “Vision 2027” by Dr. Nicoletta Iacobacci, Singularity University, Geneva
- “A son’s perspective” by Daniel Vassall-Adams, the son of a retired psychiatrist with advanced Alzheimer’s disease
- “Different continent, different needs, same rights to mental health care” by Dr. Rajendra Dhamane, Winner of THE ONE International Humanitarian Award 2016 Rotary International India, Mauli Seva Pratishthan
- “Sorry kids, I have forgotten” by Sofia Petersson, a woman in Sweden confronted with Alzheimer’s disease her whole life
- Women’s Brain Project “the way forward” by Dr. Annemarie Schumacher Dimech, Women’s Brain Project, Board of Directors, Health Psychologist, University of Applied Sciences St.Gallen
- Brain Think Tank chaired by Gautam Maitra, Women’s Brain Project, Board of Directors
- Great fun with ‘Memory’, by ‘Barbra’ (our Sylvia Day)
Thanks to all the participants for their input and support. Our cause has been invigorated by this experience and we are now ready to transform our goals into action.
See you in December for the WBP Forum. Stay tuned!
(All pictures are copyright of Fabienne Wild)Loading Likes...